YoungMinds is committed to safeguarding your privacy online, and to letting you know how we use any personal information that you provide to us.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. By visiting www.youngminds.org.uk you are accepting the practices described here. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
1. Information about you
(a) We may collect personal information from you when you:
- Register as a professional member;
- Post a comment on a blog;
- Book training;
- Purchase publications;
- enquire about the website, our services or YoungMinds;
- request or share information through the Website;
- register for any of our mailing lists; and/or
- contact us through the Website, or any other channel.
(b) This personal information may include but is not limited to the following information about you:
- your name (including your first name(s) and surname);
- your email address;
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your bank details;
- other details about you that you or others provide to us.
We may also ask for or collect some non-personal information from you.
2. Our use of this information
(a) Your personal information will only be used by us to:
- process your bookings, requests or payments;
- respond to your questions or comments;
- provide or administer services, such as magazine delivery, e-newsletters, or training materials;
- display your comment on the website;
- provide you with information relating to YoungMinds, or that we feel may be of interest to you;
- maintain our organisational records.
(b) If you do not want to receive information from us, Contact Us by email at [email protected] with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject field.
(c) YoungMinds will not share your personal details with third parties, except where companies are providing services on our behalf, such as processing donations or orders. For example, when you make an online donation via JustGiving, you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place.
(d) If you have posted comments to the Website but would like to remove them, please Contact Us by email at [email protected].
(a) We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information you give us.
(b) Communications in connection with the Website and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot guarantee this.
(a) A “cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a website user’s computer hard drive by a website. There are several types of cookie.
(b) The types of cookie we use are “session cookies”, which keep track of information you have entered or looked at as you travel from page to page within the Website. These cookies have a short lifetime and expire within a short time of you leaving the Website. We do not use other types of cookie that track your internet activity after leaving the Website.
(d) Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
5. Other Information
(a) If you would like us to correct or update any information about you, then please email us at [email protected].