- Aged 11-25
- Passionate about improving children and young people’s mental health
- Ready to have your voice heard?
You can become a YoungMinds Activist and support the campaign online and offline. YoungMinds Activists:
- Attend a training session to find out about the campaign and taking action
- Speak out about the campaign issues in online and offline media
- Train professionals about young people’s mental health
- Work with national health organisations to improve young people’s mental health
- Work with local services like CAMHS, Healthwatch and CCGs to speak up for young people’s mental health
- Promote the campaign on social media
- Write blogs
- Train their peers about the campaign issues
- And lots more!
Who can be a YoungMinds Activist?
All young people are welcome to become a YoungMinds activist. Whatever your background, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith and whether or not you have personal experience of having a mental health problem experience- we need your voice!
The campaign training days are held in London, Leeds and Newcastle so you need to be able to travel to one of those cities and back in a day to be able to attend one of these events.
If you are aged 11-25 you can be a YoungMinds Activist, but you will need to be aged 16-25 to be able to come to one of our campaign training days and be a media champion. If you are aged under 16 email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info about getting involved, there’s still lots you can do!
Campaign Training Events
Here are the upcoming training sessions for 2014. You can apply using the form below and will need to put the date and location of the event you want to come to. The events are free and we can help with travel expenses.
- 8 February 2014- London
- 1 March- Leeds
- TBC- Newcastle
At the training you will: find out about the campaign; meet like minded young people who are also passionate about improving young people’s mental and emotional health; get a resource pack to kick start your campaigning; take action to support the campaign and find out what other actions you can take online and offline after the campaign.
If you are aged under 18, we will need to get permission for you to attend one the training days from someone aged over 18 who knows you well, like a parent, carer or youth worker.
Any questions or support?
If you have any questions you would like to ask before applying or need any help with the application form, please email email@example.com and we will be in touch to help out.